Thursday, May 17, 2012

"Green Lantern: Emerald Knights" First Thoughts

























So yeah, the other Green Lantern movie that came out last year.I admit I'm a little late on this one. Green Lantern Emerald Knights is the semi-sequel to Green Lantern First Flight, the better Green Lantern movie. I have a hard time calling this a sequel since if it's in the same continuity it has to take place before Sinestro turned evil since he's still a Green Lantern and Boodikka is still alive. I also have a hard time calling this a movie since it's just a bunch of short films about various members of the Green Lantern Corp linked by a more interesting story.















Despite this however I did like all of the segments, especially the Laira and Abin Sur segments. The Kilowag one is the most lacking but even that is still pretty good, although I do have to wonder if Sgt. Deegan has been watching too much Gurren Lagann. I kind of wish there was a segment about Alan Scott, you know the actual first Green Lantern. He's so underused. But anyway the acting is pretty good, and the Animation is great. They also throw in some references to some of DC's big events like the Crisis on Infinite Earths and the Sinestro Corp Wars. Overall this is enjoyable if your a Green Lantern fan but if your not you might want to give this a pass.

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment