Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos" First Thoughts































Fullmetal Alchemist is one of those shows I watched when I was younger, and I really liked it. Luckily my local theater was actually showing it, so I went today with a couple of friends and It was decent I guess. Ok first off let me get the good stuff out of the way first. The voice acting was good as always, and some of the fight scenes were good.






















However there's the animation that they changed for the movie. The new animation is not good, it's blotchy and looks very lazily drawn. It really comes out during the fight scenes. Then there's the story. It's not that it's bad it just was very cliche, and the fact that most of the dialog in the first half is exposition. One of the villains has one of the most convoluted scheme's I have ever seen in a movie, and another has barley any character development.

Various characters in the show make an appearance, but really don't affect the plot and the characters they introduce are very bland. One of who can be interpreted as a Mary Sue, especially since she does something really bad and it has little to no consequences. The whole thing just felt convoluted and inconsequential to the rest of the series. But for all it's flaws it's not that bad.

Rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment