Friday, June 24, 2011

The Death of Spider-Man: Ultimate Spider-Man #160 Review







































---THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS---

Back when I was a kid I grew up watching the 90's Spider-Man TV show that came on Fox kids, and I played the Spider-Man game for N64. So it's kind of a coincidence that the day I graduate high school is the day Spider-Man dies.



















Sure it's not the main universe, but ever since "One More Day" something just didn't feel right about Spider-Man. Spider-Man dies during a fight with the Green Goblin even though he was wounded after being shot, and beat up. Successfully killing the Green Goblin before dieing himself. Before he dies he tells Aunt May he couldn't save Uncle Ben's life but he redeemed himself by saving her.

This is why I like Ultimate Spider-Man, despite Peter being a Teenager in the Ultimate Universe he is ironically the most mature. Dieing a heroes death in order to save the ones he loves, once again restoring my faith in Marvel comics.


















The only question I have to ask is who is going to replace him? There is already an Ultimate Ben Reilly. I read a comment about this and they suggested it might be the ultimate universes Miguel O'Hara. Only time will tell. Until then, keep on swinging.

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment