Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Constantine" First Thoughts

























I have never read Hellblazer or Swamp Thing, the only thing I ever read with Constantine in it was Brightest Day #24. So I went into this with an open mind, and not knowing what to expect. But I thought it was great. I think Keanu Reeves did an excellent job in this movie, playing the title character John Constantine. Finally showing emotion in one of his movies.
























This movie makes me want to read the comics, and learn more about this character. The movie itself is more of a horror movie, as if "Ghost Rider" was mixed with "The Exorcist." Once again I never read the book so I don't know how faithful of an adaptation it is. However on it's own merits it great.

Rating: 4/5






































P.S. Is the Lucifer in this movie the same Lucifer from Neil Gaiman's Sandman? I was just wondering since their both from DC's Vertigo line.

No comments:

Post a Comment